Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Race to the Finish

Over the River and Through the Woods by Crabapple Hill

 My mother in law did this quilt last year and I loved it so I decided I would do it this year. Jennifer also decided she was going to do it. So we are competing to see who will get theirs done first.(She has an unfair advantage, her husband is helping but I don't have kids to distract me either) She is suppose to put a picture of hers on here so you can choose who you want to root for.

 This is what I have done so far. I am almost done with the lettering and have part of one panel done. I took it to Oklahoma with me and was able to get alot of it while we traveled but I ran out of thread. Before I left I couldn't find the rest of my thread and I searched the house over looking for it. I have looked for it for the last week and finally found it last night. So I can finish. I haven't embriodered in yearssssss and I don't know what I was thinking. Hard to see it in the picture the green doesn't stand out well. I like green and I did it because I had lots of that color, probably would have shown up better in a darker shade.

5 comments:

  1. I have this same pattern and have yet to even start on it. Yours is going to be so lovely in the green....I was thinking of doing mine in red or black....still undecided....I can't wait to see yours finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had to kit for a long time, and I haven't started either.....just not enough time for all the lovely projects.

    Enjoy your adventure!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome and definitely enjoyed.