Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Valentine and loom

 I made the valentine block for the city quilt group but they choose a different one to do for next month. I thought it was cute and so easy to do. I just sewed strips together and then cut four blocks, added two small squares to the corner of two blocks cut, and did one large square of background on the other two and cut it in half. Sewed the four blocks together and put a border around and ta dah, there you have the quick explanation.

Look at what I just got this last month. I am so excited to learn how to weave. It is old but still in really good shape. I have been reading books and watching you tube videos. I think I am almost ready to take the plunge. I cleaned it up and cut the old project that was on it off. I should take a picture of the clean loom. Did I say I was excited?

4 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to learn to use a loom. Sounds like you are headed for a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh.... I could ask a bazillion questions. Does it have shafts? How many? Do you know what brand and model it is?
    I will stop with those three to be nice. Oh wait!
    Do you have boat shuttles and the bobbins that go in them with it? For that size loom I am pretty sure you will need boat shuttles.
    I have to say that once you start weaving, if you love it, it is very addictive. I am just a bit antsy until I get another project on the loom.

    (I like your heart block!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome. Looks complicated. I know you will get the hang of it in no time. Have fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great heart block!!

    I love the loom. You are going to have fun.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome and definitely enjoyed.