Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Another Block Lotto


Here are some more blocks that I won. A couple of friends at work and I participate in the local quilt stores block lotto. I think I have won 3 times and I think we have been doing it for two years now. Doesn't seem like it has been that long but I won a Christmas one that I can't seem to find, hummmmmm, the orange one on the previous post, and this one. I have to tell you the story about the orange and pink one. My friend and I weren't particularly fond of that one and both hoped we wouldn't win. Well it was a couple of days after when the winner should have been drawn and we walked up to the store to get our new block and we commented on how neither one of us had been contacted, so we hadn't won, right. We walk in the door and the first thing they said was you won. Well I thought it was Judy and so I had this really big grin because we had just been talking about it. I turned to her and said congrats and then they said no not Judy but you. I was smiling but now for a different reason. Great right. Win some, lose some, depends on your perspective.



5 comments:

  1. What a great story about the last win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the same problem I have - Lame Prize Luck. The only time I seem to win is when they are giving away the ugly centerpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a funny story. The blocks are neat...A block lotto can be a good way to get a quilt, that is, if you win,
    Micki

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome and definitely enjoyed.