Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2018

Starstruck Challenge for Island Batik

                                                This month the Island Batik Challenge is Stars.


I have been wanting to do a Carpenters Star and so I picked a layer cake called Lavendula and cut a stack of 10 inch squares of white. There are lots of free patterns on the internet. There is one on Moda bakeshop and a tutorial on Missouri Star Quilt site. It was an easy and fun quilt to do and I love how it turned out. I even tried a new free motion all over quilt design that was suppose to look like ribbons which doesn't look to much different that the swirls that I seem to use a lot. Oh well practice makes perfect right?

1 comment:

  1. I love the carpenter star and your version in the island batik lavendula. You and Sherry both did them - anyone else?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome and definitely enjoyed.