Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2018

Island Batiks Secondary Design Challenge




 This months Island Batik challenge was a secondary pattern  and I used Surf and Sand, also, I used a tutorial from Missouri Star called two step. The strip set made a nice twin size quilt.

This has been a long July and I have had that quilt on the frame the whole month. I just finished it today after riding my bike 17 miles on the Hiawatha trail yesterday. My kids said it was all down hill and it was but I realized half way through the first railroad tunnel  that am not in shape for a ride that long. I made it and I am alive to tell about it. I think I can find a good use for that bike......sell it and buy fabric.








 At the beginning of the month I received my bi-yearly package from Island Batik with the fabric that they give me to make the challenge quilts that I make for them every month.  It is so much fun to get the package and see all the beautiful fabric and come up with a creative way to use them. They also send one surprise package that I will get to use in the January blog hop. I received some aurfil thread and some hobbs batting. It is so much fun and challenging to be an ambassador but I love it.
Jeanette


4 comments:

  1. I am sure it is a challenge to make a quilt each month. But working with that lovely fabric is worth it for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty quilt, enjoying creating with your new batiks. Take shorter rides.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pattern you choose - those jelly rolls can be tricky to use sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gave my bike away years ago, knowing that anything more than just around the block, was too far for me. We used to do family biking trips, on old railroad beds in Wisconsin, but, I was the 'shuttle' person (drove the SUV and trailer from the beginning, to the end, and picked everyone up). My kind of bike ride. I did stop where everyone stopped for lunch, and ate with them. I used the batiks you sent for a quilt my guild is working on. It will be for a young lady in the foster system.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome and definitely enjoyed.