Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Incredible Luck!!!!

The most unbelievable thing happened to me last week.

A friend of mine has been looking for a sewing machine for her daughter. Well there is  a surplus store at the University where I work and they had some Elna Club 500's. Every time I asked about buying one they had a reason they weren't selling them yet. Well they had a auction on Thursday. I had to be at a demo all day and couldn't go to the auction so I went in early and asked if I could place a bid on 1 sewing machine. They let me and I went to my demo. When I got back to the office late that afternoon there was a message on my answering machine that I had won the bid and to come by 3:00 to pay and pick up. This was at 4:30 and I thought rats, they won't sell it to me because I didn't get back to them. So I called and they said I could come in the next day after 10:00 and pay and pick up.... Oh and by the way you won all four, (four mind you) machines. All I could think was "are you kidding me". But no got all for the price I was willing to pay for one. My friend took 2 and  2 of my girls are going to take the other 2. Wow what a deal. I am still in shock.

On another note. I have been so distracted with moving (what other excuse do I have besides being lazzzzzzzzzy) that I have fabric that I haven't even added to the store but I did get some put on there the other day.  Talk about late and beyond, Wrens Friends I have had since December.


7 comments:

  1. What a fabulous score! Especially since you already had homes for the machines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you get all four for the amount you were bidding for the one machine?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is amazing! I know that the new machine owners are happy-dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it great to SCORE! What fun, and, the machines will be used, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I heard a "SCORE" coming from your corner of the world!! Well done!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is wonderful, those people don't know what a bargain they missed

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome and definitely enjoyed.