Pages

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Mail Bag



We have this mail bag at work that is a dirty old canvas bag. I tried to wash it but it wouldn't come clean. In the picture above it actually looks better than real life. So I made the quilted bag that you see in the first two pictures. I bought a yard of pre-quilted fabric (being lazy), very cute selections of pre-quilted fabric out there. I used all the fabric. I cut 3 strips 3inches by width of the fabric for the handles and the rest was the bag itself. I even used the pieces I cut off for the bottom of the bag for a pocket. Nothing was left except for 4 little teeny tiny pieces.

Rather than try to explain how I did it, since I didn't take pictures of the process, but it was very easy, here is a link to a bag that is similar except it is pieced. Terri Stegmiller Big Tote.

3 comments:

  1. It is such a great improvement on the other bag too. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gal that does the mail loves it. I guess if a guy has to do mail he can use the other bag.

      Delete
  2. Wow....that is super nice...great job!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome and definitely enjoyed.