Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Another finished quilt

The heat wave finally caught up with us. We were in the triple digits today and looks like it is here to stay awhile.

I finished quilting this top for Mom, now she just needs to do the binding.

Don't you just love summer. I have been picking raspberries just about every day. Most of them I have just been freezing but this batch went from this:
to this:
I love the flavor or raspberry jam but I am not very fond of the seeds in my teeth. Well the light went on when my daughter suggested I strain them. Why didn't I think of that? So I did, there are still a few seeds but not near as many as before. You should have seen my kitchen, I think I had red juice every where. I doubled the batch and it ended up boiling over, what a mess but it still turned out. I did get 18 pints and no leftover for sampling. I was hopeing one of the jars wouldn't seal so we could eat some and I wouldn't feel guilty about opening a jar. I make low sugar jam and it is just the right amount of tart. Wish I could share a taste with all of you, it is so good.

Jeanette





7 comments:

  1. mmm..that jam looks so GOOD and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both look good - quilt and jam. Don't know where you find the time. Making jam isn't a quick project but a rewarding one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely quilt! We too in triple digits but suppose to cool back down to 80's this week. We have blueberries here. DH may have to make some jam!
    Hugs,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum!!!! I love raspberry jam, but like you I hate the seeds. It is a major chore to strain them, but it does make it much better in the long run.

    Nice finish for your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so jealous. I wish I had the stamina and energy to do things like I used to. This makes me want to sit and cry. But you know what? I could not be happier than knowing that you can do not only all the canning you do, but work fulltime, quilt, have a fabric business, beautiful flowers, etc. You are amazing. You have been greatly blessed. Keep on keeping on...you make the world a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, love both. Love the colors on both. Let us know if your jam is as good as it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow....you are so busy...the jam looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome and definitely enjoyed.