Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

New Baby Dress

Here is a picture of the blessing dress I just made for my youngest daughters baby. Next Sunday is the big day. I am getting faster, it only took me 3 hours to make it and I even put trim to match the daisy's at the top of dress around the top of a pair of socks. I cut the dress so the edge on the eyelet is the hem of the dress and the sleeve so I dont have to hem either one of them, how lazy is that? I also lined it because it is cold and eyelet isn't the warmest fabric. My daughter likes this style, it is a remake of an old pattern. Simplicity 2629. It turns out rather cute. Have a great week and thanks for stopping by.


3 comments:

  1. Love the "eyelet edge/no hem" trick. When I first started sewing I would use the selvedge as my bottom hem in shirts. I know better now....but then that was "ooopteen" years ago, that I learned to sew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She will be gorgeous on her special day with that lovely dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute. Makes it even nicer that it didn't take forever to make

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome and definitely enjoyed.