Tuesday, August 14, 2012
Insanity...... almost three weeks of insanity
A couple of weeks ago I had enough of the clutter and the mess and began cleaning... and one of the hardest things for me..... started making DI piles and trash piles... I've collected this stuff for years (8 years since we moved into this house) and now I'm giving it away.... that is how BAD it had gotten. I save things because I never know when I will need it again. Sat. morning at the end of week one I sat down and said you know what I'm going to paint my bedroom and the extra "Granny's" room downstairs. The hubby was at work and could not object. Then I get this hair brain idea-- this room is bigger than the girl's room, let's switch rooms. So I let Adrienne pickout paint and she picked red to go with the white. The room was originally light green with a whole bunch of putty spots from filling in holes. My room was buttercup green and cream-- not my favorite. I had most of the paint already that I had bought 4 years prior when I/we painted the front room and kitchen and the basement family room and bathroom. So, all we needed was red paint and some more tape and some elbow grease. First we had to move everything out of both rooms except the beds. I just put plastic over the top. Let's say that when the hubby got home all he said was this had better be done when I get back (he was leaving on a camping trip for a week). I was not thrilled, I had hoped he would volunteer to help... nope he found every reason under the sun to be gone when he could've been home. So began the journey of painting and may I remind you working and taking care of three kids 8 and younger. I spent the next week painting until midnight and was disappointed that I had 3/4 of a wall left in our bedroom when the hubby got home. I was sad-- I had not made the deadline. Then I spent the next week painting until midnight... and now I'm spending the time cleaning and sorting until midnight, because I have a visitor coming on Sat. Granny and it has to be clean... so much to my dismay I didn't take before pictures... so you will just have to trust me when I say it was UGLY!!! and now the finished paint..... I went with a gray green and a light gray with paisley's--- It turned out a lot better than I had hoped....
Posted by Inch Worm Fabrics at 9:52 PM