Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2021

Jelly Roll Day

Quilt month and Jelly Roll Saturday

It was raining on Saturday. Yea for me, a whole day, some chocolate, and a Jelly Roll.

I almost never get a whole day to sew and even though I have a project on my cutting table that I should have been working on I decided to do a Jelly Roll quilt in honor of Jelly Roll Day. My family has a little quilting group and I thought the group was going to all do something but turns out this year I was the only one up to the challenge. I used a flannel jelly roll from Maywood Studio called Christmas Joys Flannel. 

 

First step was to sew the strips together. Second step cut them into 10 inch squares. Third put two squares together and sew on the one diagonal and cut them apart. Fourth was to now sew the squares together into 20 inch blocks. I got six blocks out of the Jelly Roll for a quilt 40 x 60. I added two 5 inch borders to the sides and one 5 inch and a 3 inch to the top and bottom for a finished size of 58x74. Finished the top Saturday ....Wahooo....quilted it today. The binding will have to wait for another day.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a perfect day to celebrate National Jelly Roll Day. Rain, chocolate and a day of quilting. Beautiful fabric and quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome and definitely enjoyed.