Pages

Monday, April 15, 2019

Rain and Quilts




It has been raining like cats and dogs but gives me the excuse to quilt instead of gardening. So here are a two of three charity quilts that I got done this month so far. I did another one that was red and green blocks with a dark green back ground but I forgot to take a picture.

 I sewed my thumb binding a quilt that I gave my daughter. I was lucky it wasn't to bad but it hurt like the dickens. My husband had to fix me up because I was shaking so bad I couldn't put a bandage on.

And then a few days later I sewed my ruler foot on my long arm and now I can't get the needle out. Good thing I have more than one foot and I am glad it wasn't my thumb. Any ideas on how to get it out or should I just break if off and use it with the piece struck in it?











I love these colors and I had a request for a quilt using them. I am going to use the tube method and make a Summer in the Park quilt from a Missouri Star Tutorial that I watched. So stay tuned.




5 comments:

  1. Ouch! Glad your sewing mishaps weren't worse. Pliers for the needle and the foot? Keep your fingers AWAY from that needle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a little gun shy and my fingers are staying far away.

      Delete
  2. Is that the tip of the needle sticking out of the ruler foot? I would try pliers first. If the top breaks off, then try pulling the tip out from the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is the tip and I have tried to pull it out but I am not strong enough to get it to come out. I probably will have to get my husband to do it.

      Delete
  3. You are one busy gal...sorry about your finger

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome and definitely enjoyed.