Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2019

Crazy March


Snow and more snow. Now it is melting and there is mud and more mud. Last week there was an awesome moon. It was huge and was in the western sky while the sun was in the eastern sky.  If you look in the photo on the right above the trees you can see the moon. I took the shot about 7:30 am. The one on the right was taken about 6:30 am.
 

It doesn't seem like I get much done after putting 8 hours at work and driving 2 hours each day but when I look back at the things I have done the last few weeks, I feel like I have accomplished a little. ( I did take some time to read a few books and do a little cooking and cleaning.) Here are a few things I have worked on this month.

I quilted the monkey wrench quilt for my daughter. It feels good to get another quilt out of my UFO bin. The pink one on the right was a quilt that someone at church put together and I quilted it, so that it can be given to someone in need. It is interesting that this simple quilt has a lot of charm and hopefully will bring joy to someone.

 The two blocks are for my participation in a Quilting Life's 2019 half square triangle block of the month. I don't usually do block of the month quilts because I usually never have time to work on them. But I did like she suggested and made my 1/2 square triangles ahead of time and then I just set them together how she suggests for the month. I am actually keeping up with the blocks.YEA!!

I hope you have done a few fun things this month and remember every little bit counts no matter how much time you have to create.


2 comments:

  1. I keep a calendar in my sewing room. I jot down what I've worked on that day, in the square, and at the end of the month, when I think I haven't done much, looking at that calendar shows me that I did get things accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one of the hardest workers I know and can accomplish so much in a short amount of time. Love both quilts.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome and definitely enjoyed.