Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Galentines Day....Valentines Day


Galentine's Day is a holiday Amy Poehler's Parks and Rec character Leslie Knope created that occurs every year on Feb. 13, the day before Valentine's Day. As Leslie herself explains on the show: "Oh, it's only the best day of the year. Every February 13th, my lady friends and I leave our husbands and our boyfriends at home, and we just come and kick it, breakfast-style. Ladies celebrating ladies.
 Are these fabrics pretty or what? They are Island Batiks Valentines fabrics. I decided to celebrate by making a mug rug or cute mini quilt, what ever you want to call it. I am sending it to the favorite gal in my life, my mom. She has been there from the beginning for me, she taught me how to sew and so many things it would take to long to list. She is now in assisted living and doesn't sew much any more or for that matter get out much either. I live across country from her and haven't seen her in a year. So this is for you MOM. Love you lots.

3 comments:

  1. That is so sweet Jeanette, she will totally love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Sometimes tiny says it all, and this little gem does just that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to share with your mom. Mom's are the best!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome and definitely enjoyed.