Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Paper Piecing with Island Batik

Paper pieced hot air balloon using Island Batik fabrics which by the way is awesome fabric. I used the pattern from the book 'Easy Paper Pieced Baby Quilts' by Carol Doak. I used some of my sewing machines fancy stitches on the balloon its self with a varigated blue thread. I echoed the other lines and did a lousy job of gageing the distance. Note to self, next time mark first. 
Makes me think of lazy summer days. I remember one time we were traveling and came upon a huge field of hot air balloons. Some were in the air and some were on the ground and it was the most awesome sight to see all those colorful balloons. Miles and miles of balloons.

I just had to add this picture of one of my granddaughters. She was being such a little ham last Sunday. We had a nice little photo shoot. They are so much fun at that age, I just love having them come and visit. 

11 comments:

  1. The balloon is cute, but I have to say that your granddaughter definitely wins the cuteness prize! What a darling! - In regard to the distance between your sewing lines - who says they have to be equidistant? They certainly can be if that's what you want, but the irregular spacing creates a very intereting effect, too! I like it! Either way is fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your spacing of the echoes gives it an effect of movement that is actually pleasing to the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute little hot air balloon. I have seen them in a grouping like that and they are amazing. The colors and different designs are gorgeous. Don't think I would like to be in one! ;-)

    That little princess is so cute. It is a great age, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your hot air balloons, and my little great niece is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pretty. it looks like it is moving.
    quilting dash lady at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty. it looks like it is moving.
    quilting dash lady at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great balloon and your granddaughter is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah paper piecing! you did a fantastic job on the ballon so colorful and pretty!! Don't you just love being a grandparent - man its the best thing in the world and your little granddaughter is so adorable. After having 5 sons you are probably loving having a little girl around. I have three sons and my oldest has twin boys - yep we are still doing boys in our family haha.
    Saiimi

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome and definitely enjoyed.