Pages

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Easter Dresses!!!

I remember mom (Jeanette) used to make us Easter dresses as kids. I got the crazy idea that this year I was going to do the same thing for my two girls. So today I plunked down in front of my machine and sewed the first dress. Lets just say 4 hours (on an easy "1 hour" pattern) and 3 broken needles (yes 3) later, I know why it is called a "labor of love" or rather should be called a "labor of insanity". Yet, I plugged through, and I have to say the final results aren't half bad...

And I guess the love part is sort of true too...My little girl already wants to wear it with her messy hair and half the garden all over her. She will definitely have to take a bath before she gets anywhere near this dress.

Now I have one more of these to make for the younger daughter...hers will be the same pattern, but she chose purple fabric. Maybe this time it won't take quite as long to sew. And if I remember, I will post a picture of it too!!

Bev

4 comments:

  1. So precious! Clothes are so difficult for me to sew even though I can whip up quilts like nothing. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so pretty. When you show the purple one, please show them side by side. I would think the colors together would be magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute dress...I guess Jeanette passed down the tradition. We always got a new Easter dress growing up...my poor mother had to make four...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome and definitely enjoyed.