Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Granny Squares

Finally--- got my granny squares done... way too many interruptions. In the process I made some small ones for a wall hanging, which was what I was going to make in the first place, but I loved these squares so much that I kept on sewing.... 56 granny squares later this is what I have. I love how bright it is. Love it! I have a real hard time with the random and now I wish I would have planned it out instead of just sewing and sewing and sewing. Now I need to quilt-- I'm thinking a running stitch with different colors of embroidery floss?? what do you think?

I wish I would have seen this post on the moda bake shop for a granny square quilt-- life would have been so much easier. oh, well live and learn right.


HAPPY QUILTING!!!

8 comments:

  1. OH...I love love love love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bright and cheerful granny square quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty!! Yes I agree lots of colors of embroidery floss running through it would be quite beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! This is on my list to do if I can ever get to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors you chose! I love this pattern and am teaching friends at church how to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here I sit with tons of fabric and do nothing. You, a full-time worker can still get the quilts done every week/month. You are amazing. I don't know about putting different colors of thread as it may detract from the main pattern and also give the quilt a busy look. You did an exceptional job on this quilt Jeanette. So proud of you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome and definitely enjoyed.