Tuesday, April 3, 2012
Book Review- Square-agonals by Sandi Blackwell
Wow! Diagonal set quilts with no cutting of setting triangles, and no math. It’s simple, it’s easy, it’s “Square-agonals™”! Sandi Blackwell has created a new word, a unique technique, and new projects!
No math, no triangle cutting, no problem!
Here’s what Sandi’s students have to say about Square-agonals:
• “An A-MAZE-ING new method for setting diagonally pieced quilts...because it is like a maze until it is cut - then it is amazing when everything is put together - it all fits!”
• “A new and easy way to sew diagonal designs without the hassle of cutting the perfect triangle or using math calculations.”
• “The technique is very elegantly simple and so easy.”
• “Easy...no worry about diagonals, triangles, and corners, will work on any size.”
• “Makes on-point settings easy.”
This is a table runner my daughter did over the weekend.
And this is the same design in darker shades.
And this has both put together for a reversible table runner.
It was fast and easy. The blocks are first sewen and then some strategic cuts are made and like magic the design appears. If you haven't seen this book, you should look it up and give it a try. Well worth the effort.
Posted by JJ at 8:06 PM