Pages

Saturday, May 18, 2019

May Thoughts

It seems like time just flies by. We had some warm weather but it didn't last. It rained this week and is cooler again with more rain in the forecast. But hey I am leaving for a conference in Houston tomorrow maybe it will be warmer there. While there I am doing a side trip to visit my mother and sister's, Barb of Bejeweled Quilts and Bev. Some fun times are going to be had with the sewing machines smokin.

Here are a couple of books that I have found fun with lots of great projects.

BIG CITY BAGS:
Ready to move beyond basic bags and totes? Now you can create sophisticated handbags and totes with a modern look. Learn a variety of intermediate to advanced techniques--from installing zippers and magnetic snaps to creating adjustable straps--and find detailed info on selecting the right interfacing, stabilizer, or batting for any project. Choose from 12 new designer-style bags and purses--alternate colorways provide additional inspiration Make use of clearly illustrated, well-tested patterns for sewing attractive bags Add stylish design elements that make your bags stand out: piping, three-dimensional pockets, fabric pleats, and more. Winner in the 2014 PubWest Book Design Awards!Video


 I am in the mood to make bags but I had to clean and get ready to go to Texas, I made a bunch of those cute Clematis Wristlet by Blue Calla for Christmas a couple of years ago and I bought some pink flamingo fabric to make one for my mother but just didn't get it done. Maybe I will take it with me and do it at Barb's. 

 I love Asian fabric and Inchworm Fabrics has this beautiful line.


 Barb and I have both made a quilt using this fabric and we used a pattern from the book "One Wonderful Curve". We are going to post it as soon as I get mine quilted which as you can guess will have to wait till I get back from Texas. Here is the book and a little info.


One Wonderful Curve
 

Using the Quick Curve Ruler to make a one-size, curved block from simple pieced shapes, this one-size, one-curve block is the basis for each of the amazingly unique quilts. Complete how-to instructions and illustrations. Easy enough for an experienced beginner and challenging enough for an advanced quilter. Note: the Quick Curve Ruler is required and sold separately.
 
 
Have a great week and I will be back and roaring to go in a couple of weeks.

3 comments:

  1. I'll be in Texas (home state) on Thursday. I hope you didn't get waterlogged with the nasty weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't see this post. I love both bags especially the bottom one. Those Asian fabrics are just awesome...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome and definitely enjoyed.