Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Still Moving

This is the new house in the middle of wheat country in eastern Washington. Built in 1899.  I just love the charm of a country home. We have been fixing and painting. I have been camping out for the last couple of months. Just got the internet but the phone still doesn't work. I was starting to feel like I had dropped off the grid. Still cant use the kitchen sink but at least the bathroom works (thank heaven for small blessings). We have been pulling up old linoleum and tearing off layers of wallpaper. Fixing stair and deck railings. Did I mention painting and more painting? Nothing perks up a place like a fresh coat of paint.

All the furniture is still at the old house and all the little stuff in boxes is here at the new one. All my fabric and my machines are boxed up waiting for their new home to be finished. Do you hear that noise.....I can hear them murmuring because it has been so long since they have had any attention.

The new job is great and the house will be awesome when we get done.

6 comments:

  1. I hope you have a great studio space in the new house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new house is beautiful and SEW worth all the work!! As you paint and hammer, just think of all those quilts that you are going to make to fill up this lovely space!!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moving is such a monumental job, but restoring the house AND moving is daunting! Good luck. It will be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you're going through as I love redoing old houses. Nothing better that new paint and nothing worse than ripping off old wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having a working bathroom is HUGE blessing. I'd choose it over a kitchen sink any time. The house looks lovely and homey. I look forward to seeing pictures of the interior when it is ready for its close-up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the house. How fortunate for you. I know you are going to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome and definitely enjoyed.